Linkedin Extra Credit: LinkedIn Jobs

Looking to learn more about a company you admire? Have some connections at a company, but you’re not sure what they do? Maybe you’ll soon enter the job search and want to get a feel for the type of positions available. LinkedIn Jobs is a great place to start!

As an example, I’ll use Nationwide Insurance, headquartered in neighboring Columbus, and an employer of plenty of Denison alumni! It’s very easy

1. Go to LinkedIn Jobs.
  2. Search a company, keyword, or position.
  3. Explore!

LinkedIn Jobs allows users to explore the positions and companies in which they’re interested and see how they’re connected. You can see below that I have three connections who currently work at Nationwide, and they’ve hired 21 individuals from Denison. If I were interested in the position, I’d have Denison in common with 21 employees. Having Denison in common gives me a great place to start a conversation!

Screen Shot 2016-06-27 at 2.22.02 PM

You can also learn more about other select employees, including past employers, their university, and their skills, all at a glance:

Screen Shot 2016-06-27 at 2.26.29 PM

Lastly, you can follow the company, get to know their values, see other available positions at the company, and explore similar positions outside the company:

Screen Shot 2016-06-27 at 2.29.06 PM

LinkedIn Jobs allows individuals to apply directly from the page or save a job for later. It’s a great way to research companies as you begin the job search, so get out there and explore!

Have you used LinkedIn Jobs? Let us know your experience!