Meet Your Fellows, #1

D.U. Lead picture - High Ropes Course Group

Welcome to Denison, Class of 2018! My name is Ryan Vagedes (you may recognize me from all the posts I make in your Facebook page), and I cannot wait to see you all on the “Hill!”

I’m from Canton, Ohio and went to St. Thomas Aquinas High School, a Catholic school in rural Louisville, Ohio. During high school I was involved with as much as I could handle: academics, sports, and other clubs. I played soccer, tennis, and swam for my school. Additionally, I was heavily involved in student council, scouting (where I earned my Eagle Scout rank), and Key Club (where I had the opportunity to serve on the Ohio District Board my senior year). It was during my four years in high school that made me realize what I want to study in college.

Fast-forward to now, I am a rising sophomore studying Biology and Spanish in the pre-med track. I was involved in DCGA as a class senator my first year, as well as participating in June-O, DSO, D.U. Lead (see picture above), The LeaderShape Institute, P.O.P, Stretch!, Personal Power, a Break Away service trip, and many other awesome opportunities Denison gives its students! I am also a returning Leadership Fellow (and one of your program coordinators for D.U. Lead), as well as a site leader for the Break Away service trips (I’m co-leading a healthcare focused trip this year with another awesome Denison student). Overall, I had a tremendous freshman year at Denison filled with so many cool twists and turns and new experiences that I am glad I applied/signed up for/stepped outside my comfort zone to try!

One last thing. As one of your First Year Fellows, I am more than willing to answer any questions that you may have about anything Denison! Feel free to post your question(s) on the blog or send them directly to me at my email (vagede_r1@denison.edu).