Meet Your Fellows, #3

WELCOME, Class of 2018!  I am Webster Burton, and I hail from Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan. I graduated from Cranbrook Kingswood in Bloomfield Hills, MI where I was captain of the boy’s swim and dive team and captain of the boy’s State Championship lacrosse team. I also was a boarding student at Cranbrook, which made the transition to Denison fairly easy.

Denison Logo DFor me, branching out and making friends was not a problem, but I did struggle with getting involved in the Denison community. So… Come club fair; I joined the investment club and the Christian community. It helped me become involved and stay busy. At Denison, I started the competitive clay target team and competed in the 2014 national championship in San Antonio, TX.

Although I did not pledge a fraternity this past year, I explored the rush process and decided to wait until my sophomore year. I am hoping to pledge Kappa Sigma this coming semester.

I had a terrific freshman year at Denison.  I did well academically as well as socially. I managed my time and met a lot of terrific people.  I hope this provides you all with some background on me and the opportunities available at Denison.

If you have any kind of question feel free to leave your inquiry in the comment section, or you can email me directly (burton_b1@denison.edu). Enjoy what is left of summer, and GO BIG RED!