2

DAY ONE!

Well, as expected, I had some slip-ups at the beginning of the day.  To start, I blow dried my hair and did not remember until after  I did so that I probably should not have done it. But that is a new goal I have set for myself for the rest of the week.  I also forgot to unplug my power strip this morning, and that is something I am going to make sure to do everyday. On a more positive note, I found that I was more aware of what I was doing today and much more conscious of the environment, and it was a very good feeling.   In fact, I normally take the elevator to one of my classes on the fourth floor (very lazy, yes) and today I walked ALL the way up and actually felt very good about it; maybe because it proves that the smallest changes in lifestyle can make someone greener. Let’s see, I also set a goal for myself not to eat meat this week and so far so good.  Although, I have to say I was tempted by the buffalo chicken salad that was being served for lunch today. But i guess it is all a process.  I would say that today was a good start to my week of a no impact me and I can honestly say that I am looking forward to the rest of the week.  It will be interesting to see how I feel as each day progresses.

Catherine Weirick

1. The little things that we do on a day to day basis really add up. I did a few things on accident because I’m very used to doing them.

2. It sounds like you had a good start. The elevator in Knapp can be very tempting.