3

Day 2 little things are hard

Today I caught myself doing little things that I do on a daily basis that use electricity and produce waste¬†that I really don’t need to do. One being playing music when I shoot in the gym. I always plug my phone into the main speakers and the thought had never occured to me that this uses unneccesary energy. One other thing is I grabbed a mint on my way out of Curtis. I do that every day, but it never occured to me that I have to throw that wrapper from the mint away. The mint is a guilty pleasure of mine, but I really don’t need it. I’ve been thinking about little things that I do that I can change that I haven’t thought of before today. Other than that my showers are still only at one and they’ve been cold (which is one of my worst nightmares). Overall day 2 went pretty well.

Torin Jeffreys

1. I do a lot of the same things. I didn’t realize until this weak how often there is music playing in my room and sometimes I do not even notice it. I also used to always grab a tooth pick going out of curtis and caught myself doing that today

2. Props to you for taking cold showers. I can’t do that…That is my downfall in the mornings. I can’t resist a hot shower to wake up. I felt the same way about candy yesterday. I didn’t think much of it, but it accumulated quickly. I think if we can keep the little things in check, then we will be good! Good luck!

3. TJ- You are so right…it is definitely the little things. Like the cupcake liners I used! It’s the things we don’t even think about. But, I think it’s great that we are at least becoming more aware of these things. For instance, there was candy (individually wrapped of course) at the movie tonight…and I didn’t take any so that I could keep my waste low! Keep it up!