2

Day 2-Problems Arise

Today I made some mistakes, but overall I have still been doing a good job of keeping up with my goals. That said I ate meal-ex for dinner, which turned out to be a bad idea all around. Not only did I¬†accidentally get turkey on my sub, every item in my meal from my sub wrapper to the drink cup ended up being trash. This reaffirms my goal of not eating at Slayter, at all. Also the TV got installed, so its been very hard to avoid it. Really the only thing I am looking forward to having back once no impact week is over is video games. However I did use a computer much less today, but that was mostly due to a lack of work requiring one. I have been trying to work with my roommates to get them to turn off lights and powerstrips, but I feel that it is hard for people to break habits. Lights are the worst as people leave lights on in three of the five rooms even when no one is in there. I always turn off lights when I can and I’ve talked to them about it, but things have yet to change. I’ll keep trying to get them to be more attentive, but change is hard. Hopefully this week will continue to go well, but I still can’t wait till Saturday to use that TV…

Matthew Kennedy

1. lol i also ate food at slayter today really hard to give up slayter food since it tastes better than that in the dinning halls

2. Wow! Great job resisting the TV! I honestly don’t think I would have been able to, so good work! I’ve also been having problems with people over using lights in my room. I’m not sure how it would work for you, but I put small post-its on each switch so they’d have to think about what they were doing whenever they went to turn on a light. It has been working surprisingly well!