Remains of yesterday

I was really feeling good about my first day.  Except for the toilet paper square, I was staying on track.  Until…the rhubarb muffins.  I tried to think of various ways to prepare my local food and rhubarb muffins seemed like a good way to spice up my breakfast during this week….if only I didn’t use PAPER muffin cups!  I didn’t even think about it until I ate one and noticed I had trash!  Geez, what a waste.  I was in a similar predicament to Daniela.  Should I eat them and have trash…freeze them for later or give them away?  Ugh.  This project really requires attention and thinking.  Funny, how a lot of things don’t.

At then end of yesterday I was exhausted.  I made the muffins, picked weeds and turned them into a pesto and made a bok choy salad for dinner.  I can’t even remember what I ate for lunch, but I do remember the feeling of “what am I supposed to do now?” during my lunch.  Normally, I spend lunch time catching up on news…instead, I spent it looking out the window.  I really wanted that “ho-hum” time we talked about.  It was almost like I wasn’t comfortable with “ho-hum” time.  Instead of enjoying the quiet, I found myself feeling like I was wasting time.  I’m really not sure how I feel about this.  It certainly supports the commentary on an American way of life…but does it support my way of life?  More on this in class.

Finally, 2 hrs of light last night did not feel like enough…and then I thought, “what if I need to go to the bathroom?”.  Luckily, I can feel around things, but I’m not quite sure how necessary this is.  I might rethink this goal.  However, the benefits of no lights after 10:15 were that I was tired by 11pm and went to bed an hour and a half before I normally do.  Maybe I’ll catch up on beauty sleep this week!

Today has been great so far…zero waste, little water, all local foods!

aguilaro