3

Day 4… a little problem

So today was actually a really good day, my goals were going really well. I woke up and didn’t turn the lights on, I took a really fast 5 minute shower in medium temperature (i can only take cold ones when I have exercised before ) and went to the library. I had lunch and it was my tuna day so I had no  red meat but still I had tuna. When I went back to my room I wanted to brush my teeth and I got the toothpaste and I realized it was over! I run into a really big dilemma  I had no idea what to do. My goal for this week was not to buy anything at all and not create more than 1 item per trash. But the truth is , that I needed toothpaste and I had to throw into the trash the old one. So I was thinking on going to Granville market but honestly I was too lazy to do it so I thought maybe the bookstore has something. And surprise! they had a small toothpaste that was made of ORGANIC aloe vera! it was perfect it was cheap and it was organic! I honestly couldn’t believe this! I was really happy because even though I had to buy something I was happy it was at least organic and doesn’t pollute the water as much as the other toothpastes.

So, if anyone runs into this problem maybe you can buy it too! Good luck! 

Daniela Troya

1. That’s awesome that you were able to find environmentally friendly toothpaste! I’ve almost run out of shampoo and conditioner as well, and although I think it’ll last me through this week, this project has definitely made me think more about the impact on the environment of these products, so hopefully there are companies out there making more products that are eco-friendly!
    Keep up the good work!
    And let me know how it works/tastes, I might look into getting it!

2. Interesting…how does it taste? That’s pretty cool! Sounds like you had a pretty good day, though!

3. That’s great that you not only found toothpaste close by, but also that it was environmentally friendly! I will definitely keep that in mind considering how I have recently noticed that I use an abnormal amount of toothpaste. Does the organic aloe vera taste any different? I don’t think that I have ever heard of toothpaste having aloe vera in it!