3

Day 5!!

I can’t believe today is the last day of No Impact week! I have really enjoyed my experience with this week and there are so many things that I want to carry with me into my life past this week, like taking shorter showers, being mostly vegetarian while at school, and keep all electronics unplugged in my room.

But anyways, today was a pretty good day for me! I didn’t have any lights on, I ate vegetarian and had no napkin usage all day, I took a pretty cold, quick 3 min shower, and I continued to use no paper towels…until…

I had to go volunteer to work doing outside maintenance at the Kappa House on South quad, and the ladies made me take a pair of plastic gloves to work in (which I then had to throw away), and I ended up having to use a paper towel to wash off my muddy knees after working outside. I was so disappointed :[ Its amazing how wrong it felt to use a paper towel after just a week of not using them!

Other than that setback, I had a good day, and I’m glad I got to give back to my community doing work for Kappa as well!

Gena Grant

1. Good for you! Sounds like you had a great week, especially if your experiences were so great that you plan to continue them. Like you, I hope to continue some of the new habits I have formed which reduce my impact. I’ve got full faith that we can do it!

2. Gena, it sounds like you have an awesome No-Impact Week! Like you, I’m defiantly going to keep on taking shorter showers and continue to use minimal energy here on campus! Also from now on I have decided to change my diet and eat mainly fruits and vegetables (but with the occasional meat!)

3. I have had the same experience with volunteer work. I did some one tuesday and produced a lot of trash. But I know I cannot believe it is over! This week went by so fast, and it sounds like you were very successful.