2

TOFU is tasteless

Today I walked into Curtis and had one of those classic Curtis experiences when you do a complete 360 bout around the food options because nothing looks edible. When this happens, which is often, my food options usually drop down to the sandwich line or the stir-fry line. The lady who always makes your sandwich with an angry disposition, epitome of scary lunch lady ¬†(I forget her name), was at work so I decided to pass on the sandwich and go with the stir-fry. Remembering one of my goals was to eat meat for only one meal a day, I added tofu to my bowl in place of chicken. Tofu is one of those things, in which before you eat it, you think: “oh, maybe it will be good this time.” Hm… Maybe No Impact Man is right that this project can be a form of¬†asceticism because – although the curtis chicken isn’t great – tofu is awful.

Finding out at IGA today, its difficult to find alternatives to your tasty habits. Its hard finding tasty and creative alternatives to be sustainable and have a happy stomach. But, if it were easy, everyone would do it.

– Oliver

Oliver Hamilton

1. Agreed w/ the tofu. When I first tried curtis tofu I wasn’t sure if I was eating the right thing. It’s nice to come out of your comfort zone and try something out of the norm, especially in the dining halls!

2. I completely agree with you…. the tofu here sucks. I congratulate you for trying it though!