2

Thanks for the Heads Up Deepshri!

I have been doing a good job this week of producing little to no waste. I had a meeting today where we had an assortment of goodies: scones, cookies, cinnamon rolls, and muffins. I didn’t want to make a mess so I thought it was better to take a napkin. Now before I took the napkin I made sure it was compostable and the Environmental Studies professors assured me it was. Plus, why would they lie to me?  They wouldn’t right? Right? Or am I wrong? Now if I am to get in any trouble because of it, Deepshri can vouch for me. So I felt bad about that little incident but it was my only mishap!

No Curtis dining for me tonight!

I am so happy Deepshri warned me about Curtis this afternoon. Apparently the dishwashers were down and the staff was required to serve dinner on paper plates. How outrageous is that?! I could only imagine all the waste students produced! Glad not to have contributed to the today’s garbage in Curtis. But now I have a serious predicament…Slayter. Great another waste district. I really don’t want meal-X. But have no fear I have come up with a solution and I can still get a grilled cheese flatbread…any idea what it might be?…

Hastea Darabian

1. I wish I would have known about Curtis tonight! It was rough trying to minimize my waste, good choice opting out of that. Don’t worry about the napkin you didn’t know but good job realizing the mistake. So far I am having a rough time trying to minimize my waste so congrats on that!

2. Hastea, I went to Curtis tonight! I, too, was trying to avoid Slayter (because of the amount of waste Meal X produces) and was stunned when I saw students throwing away upwards of 3 paper products in the trashcan because of the lack of dishware in Curtis. Unfortunately, I did end up staying and eating at Curtis (convenience wins again…), but I did my best to limit the paper products I did use. Couldn’t help but feeling guilty though. I am glad you opted not too – I am wishing I had as well.