To my surprise, today was by far the easiest day of No Impact week so far.  I did not have class today, so I again got to get up a little later than on Mon or Weds.  I had a lot of work to do today, because I have two essays due tomorrow in other classes.  As a result, I have regretfully been on the computer for many hours over the course of the day.

The biggest highlight of my day was getting lunch with a friend at the new all organic restaurant in town called Alfie’s.  I had an awesome spinach salad with quinoa, walnuts, beets, and a really tangy lemon dressing. I have to say that I was thoroughly impressed with both the quality of the food here, and especially its focus on sustainability.

I was again able to avoid driving today, which was a plus, and I was also able to avoid eating meat.  Besides walking into town twice today (once for lunch, the second for a haircut) I have spent most of this glorious day at my desk working, so I do not really have that much to report.

As for dinner, I did have to get meal-x in slayter, because curtis was already closed by the time I got to a stopping point with work.  I got another salad there, which was in a plastic container.  I also had two of the little milks, so I did not do so well on packaging I guess.  Unfortunately, I did not really have other options… It would be nice if the school could put a little more effort into reducing the amount of packaging used in slayter by using reusable plates, forks, etc…

Andrew Smith