2

Conclusion

The last day of No Impact has finally arrived, and I have to say that I am very relieved that it is coming to an end.  That is not to say that I did not learn a lot from it, but I have definitely been frustrated at many points over the course of the week.  I am really, really looking forward to taking a shower longer than a minute tomorrow morning.

Another thing that I have really missed is being able to drive.  I know that it is technically still No Impact week until the end of today, but I have decided to treat myself and a friend to a steak dinner in Easton tonight to celebrate completing the week.  Most of all, I’m going just because it sounds awesome and I haven’t had a steak in well over a month.  I think we might also catch a movie…So today is definitely going to be my worst.

Although I am being really bad about conserving tonight, I feel really good about what I have accomplished this week. I have shown myself that I AM capable of living fairly comfortably with very little waste.  I only broke my goal of no plastics twice, and my goal of no meat once. Otherwise, I was very happy that I didn’t drive at all, and also pleased that I was able of keeping my shower time as low as I did.  In the end, I am very happy that I participated in this experiment.

Andrew Smith

1. I feel your pain Andrew. I cut my driving down to as little as possible but it was basically impossible with the food on this campus. I have to eat something other then Curtis and Slayter every day it just gets old. Tomorrow my shower will be extra long since I feel like I havent bathed in weeks. I think you made a good point that we all learn something about ourselves through this process and I am happy we did it and made it through safely.

2. I feel like it was definitely a challenging experience for all of us. In my opinion, it was challenging yet rewarding and it is important to learn something from it. Overall, it seems that you did well though today. Its not as hard at the end as it was at the beginning of the week.