2

Day 5: The end..

Today is our last day and all day I’ve been trying to think about where No Impact Week ends for me. I was by no means the most successful at following my goals – I cheated on eating meat, charged my phone twice a day, driving to Newark, longer shower, eating at Slayter… just to name a few. However for me No Impact Week still was a success. I like to think of myself as a pretty environmentally friendly person who recycles and doesn’t produce much waste. This week was great for me because it brought of a lot of smaller things which have a big impact to my attention. Things such as eating a meal at Slayter or eating meat which normally I wouldn’t have thought twice about.

As No Impact Week ends, I want to try to continue to make more environmentally friendly and conscious decisions. I’m still going to work on reducing my waste, water and electricity use. I also want to try to take a step back more and move away from the “ho-hum”. We are all so lucky to have the opportunities we have at Denison to see speakers, concerts etc. I am hoping to enjoy more of what’s in front of me and deattach myself from my phone more.

Aprile Doubt

1. I couldn’t agree more Aprile! No Impact Week really brought to my attention that almost everything has an impact and we don’t really stop and think about it. I also want to try to continue to make more environmentally friendly and conscious decisions. Great work this week! (:

2. I’m happy to see you will continue thinking about your impact. I hope others do that same. And I agree with you on moving away from the ho-hum. I actually do that quite often and don’t use my phone that much and go to events or just chill with friends.