3

Day 1 – No Impact Week

So, today was the first day of No Impact week. I’m actually really excited to try it out. Today, I did not change anything drastically, but did make little changes that I felt I could actually adapt my lifestyle to. The first thing I was able to do was to not drink coffee from my coffee maker this morning. Instead, I drank water from my refillable cup 🙂 Okay, that was actually pretty hard not going to lie! The coffee machine was just sitting there waiting for me to use it. But I was able to make it through the day without using it or the cake cups it takes to use it.

It is really difficult to find out what is organic in the dining hall. So today I just ate relatively healthy and ate foods that I figured hadn’t come from packaging.

I have not had my computer in the outlet all day long, as well as my phone charger. I also normally keep a light on in my room in the evening when I leave, so when I come back it’s cozy and I can see when I get in the door. Today, I kept that off as I was out doing things.

I have not produced much trash today, I only used one plastic product and one face wipe to clean my face in the morning. I took a really fast shower and turned off the water when I brushed my teeth. (I usually do that anyways, though).

That’s about it for today!

Maddie VanScoder

1. Using a re-usable cup for your drinks is a good way to have started off this week. Great!!

2. It sounds like you’re making small changes that are actually making a big difference. Cant wait to hear what big changes you start making during the week so keep it up

3. I feel the same way. I think it is much easier to try to change habits here on campus and then take them back home and adapt them there.