4

Today went better than yesterday which is exciting!! I got my showers down to 6 minutes. I realized today that I shower twice a day so I have to take into account the impact of that. I am hoping by tomorrow I can do 5 minutes and 30 seconds.

My biggest struggle I realized when eating with no impact (or less) is the fruit! I make sure I eat fruit with at least two meals a day in order to get proper nutrients. Unfortunately there is no fruit in season so it has been hard today not being able to eat fruit. I have tried to make it up with any local vegetables, but I couldn’t resist the perfectly ripe banana in Curtis during lunch (most likely imported from Brazil). It sounded a little more appetizing than more mixed greens….

I continued to keep everything I am not using unplugged. The background of the rain last night made it easier to sleep without the fan which was nice!

I realized that I create almost no trash everyday, with the exception of my morning granola bar before practice in the morning. I compost my napkins used during meals, and never use paper towels. So I am almost trash free!

Tomorrow I will try to not eat fruit by indulging my tastebuds with local vegetables.

Mary Van Leuven

1. Good job on keeping things unplugged. I forgot to unplug my alarm clock today because I was running a bit late for my 8:30 class.

2. Whoops! Sorry I didn’t mean to put that twice (and now a third comment). Oh well, it isn’t wasteful because it is electronic. Haha!

3. I feel your pain! I love fruit so much too (way much more than vegetables). It is so hard to break the habits that I have lived with for 19 years. Ugh! I also agree that eliminating trash feels the easiest, so at least that is one positive.

4. I feel your pain! I love fruit so much too (way much more than vegetables). It is so hard to break the habits that I have lived with for 19 years. Ugh!