2

Captain Planet

So today was not as easy as day one. Last night I did not charge my phone, so this morning my alarm did not go off and I was almost late to class. Lucky for me my roommate woke me up in the nick of time. I did not eat breakfast today because I was a little rushed for time. Instead I just had coffee. Since I only had one class this morning afterwards I went back to sleep and woke up around 1 o’clock for our lab. After the lab I went and got lunch. I might have splurged a little bit because I ate some pizza from curtis. I was so insanely hungry I caved in. I did however limit myself to 2 slices, and had a salad with it.

After lunch I did not turn on the lights in my room till around 5, because I took another nap. When I woke up and realized I had done all of my homework already so I stayed in bed and mindlessly drew some cartoons for around an hour. It was nice to have some “ho-hum” time. I felt as if I had something I needed to do, but I couldn’t put my finger on it.

But then I hit me.  I came to realize that I did indeed have homework. So I went down to The Bryant Arts Center and finished up  two paintings… in the dark. I was a little strange because usually when I am painting I will have all the lights on and I am blasting music the entire time. But not today. Today the room was silent and dark, and quite creepy. After being there for approximately 30 minutes or so, someone else came in to work and I turned on the lights.

Around 8 I came back to Curtis East where I contemplated taking the first shower of “No Impact Week”. Now some of you might be thinking, ewwwwwwww gross. And you might be right, my hair was pretty greasy so I decided it was time. I took a completely cold shower, and a really fast one too. I was only in the shower for 1 minute 20 seconds and 15 milliseconds. However I feel as if those last 20 seconds could be easily shaven off due to the fact that I dropped my shampoo, picked it up, realized i did not need it, and dropped it again. Moral of the story, don’t drop the soap….. I then ran back to my room freezing cold, dried off, grabbed my blanket off my bed, and then proceeded to lay on the floor in the fetal position wrapped up like a burrito for a solid 30 minutes. My teeth were chattering the entire time.

To wrap up my day, I still have not produced trash of really any kind (food waste, paper, plastic, ect.). I have significantly cut back on electric use, I have had my room lights on for around 3 hours (today).

Just as a side note : if anyone wants to watch Don Cheadle be Captain Planet then watch the youtube link, there is a tiny bit of bad language so if your easily offended than I would advise you do not watch.

♪ Captain Planet he’s our hero ♪

Seth Brody

1. Sorry Seth! Captain Planet was a little too risque! However, it was my only form of video entertainment over the past two days…so thanks!