2

So I Had a Bad Day

So every thought that I had saying this week would be easy went out the window today. While I accomplished all my goals yesterday, I actually failed almost every single one today.

So I began my day by waking up to take my cold shower (I tried that on and off thing and it wasn’t working for me), and lo and behold, I went to 2 minutes and 35 seconds. Goal number one failed. Following getting cleaned up, I set off for my first class of the day, and when I came back, I found myself eating the coco puffs for breakfast, which is anything but organic. Goal number two failed.

Things would only continue to get worse when it came to food. I ended up using about four paper napkins over breakfast and lunch, and I don’t know what I was thinking when I went to Slater Union and brought a cereal bar. That’s all trash. Goal number three failed.

My day then continued to decline as I returned from my midday classes and discovered, much to my dismay, that I had left one of my lights on all day, and had left my pencil sharpener and fan plugged in. I don’t know what I was thinking here, and must have blanked when I plugged that stuff in because I know that was not my roommate. Goal number four failed.

Overall, the only goals that I did accomplish today were the not driving goal and the limiting consumption goal. Simply put, it was a pretty weak no impact day for me. The only upside to this is that all of these mistakes are very correctable, and were mostly caused by a lack of focus. Today may have been dismal, but there’s always tomorrow, and I know that I can do much better .

mclam_k1

1. Hang in there. It’ll get easier as habit develop. A little stumbling around is warranted when we first start out. At least I sure hope so, cause I have stumbled a lot! Also, getting down to under 3 minutes is quite good. You should feel proud of that. Good luck tomorrow!

2. A 2:35 shower is a heck of a lot better than a 2:36 shower! Also, I find that cold showers are great because the cold water is better for your skin and it really wakes you up without the need for caffeine!