1

Day 4: Ready for more

I definitely feel like yesterday was the hardest day for me, like others. I wasn’t perfect today, but I’m ending it feeling much better about everything, especially that I’m noticing some of my efforts forming into habits that I could really get used to in life.

It was one of those days.

It was one of those days.

The big difference between yesterday and today for me was my mental approach and attitude about my No Impact aspirations and efforts. Yesterday I was struggling a lot with feeling like my decisions for the week were impeding on my happiness, and that got me pretty discouraged at the end of the day. I think that part of me was expecting that working toward my goals would lead to some kind of huge self-transformation; that I’d realize unlock some secret to happiness and that I could find true fulfillment… in one week. Unrealistic? Yep. Disappointing? Yeah. But that’s where today came in:

I don’t know why, but I approached the day with a completely different attitude. Maybe yesterday was just an overall bad day, but today I was able to look at all of my goals in a much more positive light, and felt a lot more satisfaction from trying to achieve them. I’m excited to see how tomorrow goes, hopefully with the same attitude, and that I’ll be able have some serious reflection about my little change of heart yesterday.

I will come clean and say that I drove a car today.. I had a rehearsal in Swasey and had forgotten my music in Crawford so I frantically borrowed my friend’s car so I could get my music and back to Swasey in time. I was willing to allow a slide on one of my goals in order to avoid the wrath of my director. It’s all about compromise, right?

Teddy

I wish I was a little bit taller.

1. Keeping a positive mentality throughout the week is definitely a key to success. Talking to people who are genuinely happy and positive has helped me through discouraging times in the week. I hope you have someone like that on campus because after talking to them, things seriously seem a ton better. Compromising is an important part of being conscious. Everyone is gonna slip up in some way cause we’re all humans, so just trying to make up for small slips is the best thing you can do.