1

This is where it gets hard, day 4

Good day,

For me it seems, the deeper into NI we get, the harder it becomes to keep this lifestyle. Personally I think this is a great project for our class just to see what having little to no impact is indeed like. I am beginning to see how much I indulge in such things as my laptop and other electronics along with processed foods. This lifestyle has been ingrained into me for a while and this rapid change is somewhat difficult. While its easy to maybe give up for a few days, after a while you begin to miss it. A full scale commitment to no impact is a tough move!

Today I woke up and had no class today, so i figured I’d spend some time on my laptop, watching shows and reading about random things on the internet (I had to take some time on my laptop this evening to read and reflect about Nelson Mandela a bit). Following this though I proceeded to take a good nap which was also a way to stray me from using electronics. Like I said earlier this week, the only electronics plugged in my room are my laptop when needed and refrigerator (and phone, but who counts that anyway?)

With food I have still been less impactful than most weeks, but I am still finding I am sway from my goals. I have this Costco size pack of Fruit-by-the-Foot, and i couldn’t resist having one or two of those, but I also had plenty of clementines and an apple. Some fruit can indeed be enjoyable.

Knowing I really wasn’t going to be doing anything productive today, I also chose not to shower, so it’s good I saw none of you guys (don’t worry, I will shower tomorrow morning and will tell you how that goes in my blog tomorrow.)

Cheers

Will Smith

1. I loving taking nap to distract myself from watching shows on my laptop too. It works! Although sometimes I took a longer nap than I was supposed to and had trouble falling sleep at night. Anyway, napping rocks!