2

Day 5: The End is Nigh

I feel like death warmed over. Turns out I do have the stomach flu. Frickin’ awesome. Unfortunately, I’m having a fairly large impact because of my sickness. I really detest the idea of getting my roommates and everyone on my floor sick, so I drove home last night after throwing up a gazillian times. That will be my only car expenditure this week, but still it’s 30 minutes of driving. Oops. I also took a long shower yesterday after my first bout of throwing up. Fever = chills and an inability to get warm. It’s been a fun night and day. Really enjoying myself. I also took some anti nausea pills at Whistler. I can’t imagine what sort of industry went into making those. They’re certainly not local or sustainable. Try as I might, I can’t seem to find it in me to feel guilty.

I’m currently cuddling with my dogs and cat watching Sherlock (omg Benedict Cumberbatch *fangirl scream*) and trying to finish this blog thing. It’s taken me about an hour to write these two paragraphs. Focusing is hard. I’m writing this so early cause I think I’m going to sleep for forever and a year in like 30 minutes. Overall, I think this week has been a sucess. So much so, I think I’m going to continue it after.

Have a great last day, kids.

odonne_s1

1. I would imagine with the stomach flu, it would be really hard to maintain your desired commitments. Times like these you gotta do what you gotta do to feel better, especially with finals looming around the corner. Home is probably the best place to rest too.

I personally am very skeptical of medicines too and try to avoid taking any sort of pill (even Advil or Tylenol) just because it feels unnatural and like you said, are not local and probably not sustainable. Who knows how many plants they use to make their formulas. But being sick, sometimes it really helps to have a little something.

Hope you feel better

2. Hope you feel better soon! Medicine is one “good” progressive thing so I don’t think you should feel guilty (unless you think you can grow herbal healing stuff, psh, yeah right). But you’ll get healthier soon, so you can get back to being as much No Impact as you want!