5

Meatless Monday

One of my main goals was to reduce meat consumption.  So far I have eaten no meat and am hoping to keep it that way 4 out of 5 days.  Another interesting observation I had today was one of my favorite foods, granola, is a local granola.  I am very happy about this as eating locally was not on my goal sheet, but it still makes my week more sustainable.  The most challenging thing about this day so far is simply remembering to unplug my computer and phone charger.  It is something that I never thought about before, so changing this habit will be tough the remainder of the week.  My shower today took 3 minutes and 10 seconds, which was not too big of a deal for me I think keeping my showers under 5 minutes will be one of my easier goals.  I’m looking forward to the rest of this week and hoping to create some good habits for the future as a result of this week!.IMG_0747

Ben Cole

1. Ben, I noticed the granola was local as well! The yogurt at the salad bar in Curtis is also local, which makes for an easy and filling way to eat locally. Good luck with your goals!

2. Great find on the granola. I might have to come and eat my breakfast on campus!!! Local eggs, bread and cheese is going to get old real quick!

3. No meat for the week is one of my goals too! I was a vegetarian freshman year and it was much harder then than it is now with the new food but let me know if you discover any yummy recipes you wanna share.

4. Ben good job man. Going meatless is something I can’t do but I am trying to reduce the amount of meat I consume. I do enjoy the granola and never noticed that it was locally grown, which same as you was not on my goals sheet but is something I can do to reduce my impact.
    Keep on keepin on

5. Great idea Ben! I got veggies from the salad bar and made a stir fry with it. i initially thought reducing my meat consumption was going to be really difficult but it’s encouraging me to try new things and get more creative with my food