2

Yesterday

Yesterday was a harder day for me regarding no impact week, I didn’t sleep much the night before and when I woke up I bought a coffee from slayter… However, it was the only waste that I produced for the day and it was recyclable but I still broke two of my goals, Im going to be extra careful today. Wanting the cup of coffee and buying it reminded me of the talk that we had in class about habit and human nature. Getting coffee and drinking it in the morning has become such a habit its a hard one to break. The rest of the day was pretty easy, except I found myself a little hungry and wanting packaged snacks. I am happy I live in a apartment where I grocery shop for myself, I think this week would be much harder if I lived in a dorm. I ended up going to bed really early, much early than I expected and didn’t get to post but I reduced my energy use by a large amount because I usually sit on my computer doing homework for most of the night and have the lights on for a few hours. I woke up this morning feeling energized and ready for the day with a lovely cup of tea!

Dallas Manson

1. Great Dallas! I do not drink coffee myself but i assume the transition from tea to coffee is sometimes difficult. I drink a lot of tea and to make things interesting you can switch up the flavors. There are some really good ones.

2. Habits are so hard to change. I think the interesting part of this project is recognizing all of our habits…but it also gives us the power to decide which ones we want to keep and which ones we want/are willing to change.