3

A Tough Start

Today has not been bad, but difficult. It is hard to be conscious of every little thing I do that impacts the environment because I have so many habits of consuming. I had to turn down a free doughnut today, which may have been the first time ever. I did cut my shower time to 3 minutes but that has really been the only easy part. I think the hardest thing for me is that now that I know what impact I create, I do not see any way that I can morally go back to my habits after this week. Yes there will be some exceptions like eating out every once in a while and other things, but if I want to make a difference, I have to do my part instead of waiting for society to change on it’s own.

geho_p1

1. I really dig your dedication. We had a very different first day, but that’s alright because I’m working on it. Keep it up Parker.

2. I really like that you take note of continuing to minimize your impact after No Impact week is over. I think that this is a really important distinction, one week is good, but it is totally supposed to teach us more permanent habits.

3. I’m impressed that you want to continue to make a minimal impact after this week ends. I know I do as well but it will be difficult to stay motivated when it is so easy to be wasteful. This is especially true on campus with dining halls. Hopefully we’ll both be able to change some of our bad habits.