2

Day 1- No Impact Week

Today, I started off my No Impact week by trying to find my reusable coffee cup. Unfortunately, after a tentative search and the pressing issue of being late to my Environmental studies class, I gave up. So, I had to resort to using a paper cup that I had to throw away, along with the lid and the pod for coffee. After starting off the day a little rough, I finished up my classes and got to my next big challenge: a sustainable, healthy lunch that did not force me to throw anything away. I went to Slayter and got a greenie that I put my vegetarian rice bowl in. I have to say, that was a really good meal because I added more red peppers than normal so it was sweet. I will be ordering this more often. After reading No Impact Man, I have become a lot more conscious of the time I spent with people, so I invited a few friends to sit out on the quad and relax for a while before I started my homework.¬†On most days, I would eat one meal and a ton of little snacks that I would take to my study spot. Of course, all of those snacks are packaged, so for the week I will avoid them. While today I just focused on eating habits and trash, it didn’t start off too shabby. I’m looking forward to the rest of the week.

max_p1

1. Sounds like you found a good meal you can enjoy in the future when you’re looking to be sustainable and healthy! And its great to hear that No Impact Man has had such a positive impact, spending time with friends and enjoying your free time is invaluable. Good stuff!

2. Besides the coffee it looks like your off to good start especially with the food choices.