3

Day 1: The Start

Today is the first day of no impact week which in my opinion has started off really well for me. I woke up this morning and went to take my daily morning shower which usually takes me around 10 to 15 mins but today I cut down my time to a 5 min shower which I believe is a good start on trying to decrease my time down to 3 min or less. Also Mike and I went through all of the trash in our and started to separate the trash from recyclable which was the first time we did that as we never really recycled before in our room. Those two changes were kinda easy to change but trying to decrease the amount of energy I use in my room seemed to be the hardest part of my day. I tried to not charge my phone as much as I usually do and I tried to limit the amount of light I use in the room by trying to not be in the room as much as possible and turn off all lights or electric devices while I leave the room. Even though that came as a struggle I believe today was a great start to no impact week.

west_j1

1. 5 minute shower! Way to go. That’s hard work right there.

2. Great job on the recycling! I think that’s an easy fix and i’m glad you sorted your trash today.

3. I definitely agree that the decreased shower time has been the easiest thing to change, which really surprises me. It always seemed extraordinary to me that people could take such short showers, but it seems to just be an act of willpower over needing practice, which is something I never would have expected.