3

First Day!

My first day of No Impact Week went. . . alright. I definitely had highs and lows, but I think overall for my first day I did pretty well. Although I spent the majority of the day in a lit classroom, my bio lab took place at the Bio Reserve, so that was 3 hours outdoors instead of inside. Although I was given a ride over, we carpooled, so I think I broke even on that one. As for trash, I did have to use a couple of tissues (actually pieces of toilet paper because my room ran out and my roommate thought it was the next viable option) and ate pizza from the Nest, which generated a box and two napkins for trash. However, the pizza was finished and I only had a napkin for trash at breakfast, so I think I did well regarding food waste. At the end of the day, I made a quick shower even quicker by shutting the water off when I shampooed and conditioned my hair – I would highly recommend that!

Overall, I think my Monday of No Impact Week went as expected. I’m looking forward to improving tomorrow!

Grace Zukowski

1. Nice job on the first day! Sounds pretty successful compared to me. I carpooled today as well and I’m glad you said that broke even because I was feeling pretty bad about driving today. Maybe the toilet paper was better to use since it is significantly thinner…lol. Good luck with the rest of the week!

2. You did a lot better than I did on my first day. I also got a pizza, so that was pretty bad. Good job though.

3. You made an impressive effort to account for and minimize your waste. Seems like a successful first day!