4

Day Two

Today I woke up at about 6:30am and could not fall back asleep. It was one of the I-can’t-fall-back-asleep-but-I’m-still-totally-exhausted mornings. So around 8:30 I went to Slayter, ordered an iced coffee, and then realized it was still No Impact Week. So now I have an empty plastic coffee cup to reuse, but also I’m an idiot.

Today in Barney, I went to the bathroom, pulled a paper towel out to use, then realized I couldn’t, and stopped pulling. I’m really hoping whoever used that paper towel did not just throw it away, but I guess there’s no way to actually know so I’m going to count it as half a piece of trash.

Unfortunately, I spilled tea all over my sheets so now I have to do laundry. I’m going to do a huge load as to minimize future laundry endeavors, but it definitely was not part of the plan.

All in all, not a successful day.

kendix_e1

1. Agreeing with what everyone here has said….but I will add when you have those unexpected mishaps like a spill or injury, you really wish you weren’t doing no impact and could just deal with things quickly- it is definitely one of my issues with the project.

2. I feel like again, this is a reflection of the struggle everyone has with changing habits. Keep it up, at least you remembered as you were doing it.

3. Yes I definitely second Grace’s comment. Remembering is half the battle it seems!

4. I feel like in the moment it’s difficult to remember that we’re partaking in No Impact Week, and I definitely understand your struggles today. I found myself so many times reaching for an extra napkin or tissue, then realizing I couldn’t use it. Keep up the good work!