2

Bdubs got the best of me

I went into day 3 very optimistic after a great day yesterday living with nearly no impact. I now try and imagine Colin is stalking me and I don’t want him to see me consuming or creating waste. I reused my water bottle for the first time in awhile which saved me from buying an extra bottle for practice. It was very satisfying every time I refilled my bottle cause I knew I was making a difference. Everything was going great until my friends asked me if I wanted to go to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. I thought about declining the invitation, but then the thought of having wings made me go against Colin’s advice and I drove out to Heath with my friends to enjoy a nice meal. While I was eating I very conscious about the napkins, plastic straws, and the wing containers that were being used during the meal. I feel pretty bad about going out, but I enjoyed the time spent with my friends, which is also important. Overall my impact this week has definitely been much less than usual so I am happy about that. I think everyday is getting better and hopefully I can spread the word of No Impact Week.

burste_b1

1. Again try not to be so hard on yourself. Mistakes are to be made. The only way to get better is to learn from your mistakes.

2. So did this create a lot of waste? Were you able to use less napkins or avoid a straw, etc.? Maybe there are ways to avoid this in the future?