1

Last Day of No Impact

What an awesome experience living No Impact for the first time. I honestly feel like my life is now going to change for the better. No more excess waste, no more long showers, and now I want to start eating more local food. My last day was my personal best. I ate at the dinning halls to reduce waste, I walked all over campus, I continued to use my reusable water bottle, and when I went to slayter I used a greenie. Now that the week is over and I can reflect on the overall experience of No Impact and it is getting me to realize I want to do this every year. It is time to finalize my groups project and make this week campus-wide. As we talked about in class the impact of one person is not significant, nor the impact of a class. However, if everyone on campus gets involved and tells their friends and family about their week it can spread to enough people where the impact will be noticeable.

burste_b1

1. I completely agree. Change has to start somewhere and it is great that we have a community of people to start it with. Doing this every year will be a fun little test. We will be able to see what exactly has become easier or harder for us from year to year.