3

No Impact Man

The morning of the first day was rough.  I slipped up and turned the lights when I woke up.  However, I realized what I did when I came back from brushing my teeth, and turned them off.  One of my goals for the week was to minimize the use of the air conditioner in my room.  My roommate and I agreed to only put it on at night, and open the windows during the day.  It is probably going to be pretty tough though, because it looks like it’s going to be pretty humid this week.  Also, I decided to take a shower Sunday night instead of this morning, but will continue to take showers in the morning (Tues-Fri) for 5 minutes. I only ate one meal today, which was a burrito from Slayter along with an orange juice.  The burrito had 5 ingredients and wrapped in foil, but seeing the it was my only meal I think my impact was little.  After today I realized that this process is indeed going to be a process.  Lets see what tomorrow brings…

saltie_f1

1. I am amazed that you were able to only eat one meal! You are a growing boy and you need to get your calories. Besides this, I think that you are off to a great start for the week. Hopefull, you eat more the rest of the week and try to keep the lights off, but other than that, nice job on day 1 Frank.

2. Only one meal! I’m concerned! I think everyone should eat at least 4 meals a day! I’ve been pretty happy with the farm-to-fork options in Huff (especially today because they had the mindful Monday station) and you should check it out and eat more food! Also, way to go with not using your air conditioner! It was a little toasty outside today but I’m sure it wasn’t too bad.

3. Good job remembering to turn off the lights! I had the same idea in my blog about turning off the fans and opening the window, but you make a good point about the weather getting humid this week.