3

Day #2 No Impact Week

I feel like my shower time is getting shorter and shorter everyday which is good. I’m trying to find a decent enough song under 3 min to play that lets me know when to get out. The best ones I’ve found so far are either Purple Haze or We Will Rock You. I’ve also not bought anything new this week except for food which was one of my goals previous to starting the project. I’ve also not driven anywhere so far these past couple of days, but that is probably going to end tomorrow. It’s my friend’s birthday and he wants to go into Columbus to celebrate and eat dinner. I’m not really sure my case for No Impact will deter him from doing what he wants to do for his birthday, so I might have to put some miles on my car. Tonight I might also try out my friends straight blade razor to shave instead of using some of the disposable razors that I have.

rudolp_w1

1. The song choices sound like they are really helping! I definitely agree that it is hard to keep your impact low when you can’t necessarily control what you’re doing but sounds like you definitely can find ways to make up for that throughout the week.

2. Sounds like you are really doing well so far. I totally get wanting to go out with friends for a birthday celebration! If you’ve got to do it, you’ve got to do it. But it would be cool to think of ways to still limit your impact while out. For instance, I had to go to a work dinner tonight. Luckily I could drive and the restaurant also served local chicken…so even though I was out, I was still able to make choices around my impact. Good luck!

3. Okay using the straight blade razor sounds pretty cool, but personally I could not use that! I also like the song choices, some of the best! I also think it is easy to not buy anything new besides food, I was a little skeptical of that because it also one of my goals. But good luck the rest of the week!