2

Day #4 No Impact Week

So today all I have done is slept in bed, resting my ankle that is slowly turning purple. I’m counting this as a good thing because I got to catch up on some sleep, and I virtually had no impact. I will confess that I did stream the Manchester United game on my phone, so that was my energy usage for the day. They had to win that game to advance in the Europa league so it was a must watch. I’m expecting a harder day tomorrow because at this point, all I’m thinking about is getting around with this injury. It’s on my mind constantly, which makes it hard to think about what I’m going to have to do to have little impact. Hopefully tomorrow, I can push through this and continue to have little impact.

rudolp_w1

1. Soemtimes the best way to not leave an impact is to just do nothing at all and simply exist. It’s also so difficult to avoid buying things and not leaving an impact in general when you’re on a college campus. At the same time, it should be easier for most to not drive at all but I’ve had a difficult time avoiding cars.

2. No impact is a lot to think about…and so I imagine, it becomes more difficult when there are so many other things to think about. Admittedly, I had a weak work load this week, which has enabled me to focus on NI. But, if I had a heavy workload and lots of household issues to address, it would be much more difficult. We have to remember that this was kind of easier for Colin given how much time he had and where he lived (though I’m not taking away from the difficulty of NI year). Still, I have not been able to get as much work done as I would’ve liked just so I can focus on my NI goals. Good luck tomorrow….we’re almost done!