3

No Impact Week Day 1: Annie

The first day of No Impact week was a little rough for me. In terms of food, I did pretty well. I ate foods that weren’t packaged and I composted the other food I ate. However, I did not go grocery shopping prior to this week, so getting to the market involved a little bit of gas and my food was put in paper bags. Other than that, I am trying to unplug my cords when they are not in use and always turning my lights off, especially when I am gone. I am also planning to take a short shower tonight to a 3 minute song. I don’t plan on buying anything else this week or taking a car anywhere so hopefully that will reduce my impact. I am also making sure I take the stairs instead of elevators and that I am recycling everything that can be recycled as well as washing it.

karste_a1

1. It sounds like you have a lot of great goals ahead. I always forget that you have to wash recyclable materials before recycling them. That’s cool you didn’t eat any foods that were packaged- I should work on that.

2. I think this is a great start! It shows you are being thoughtful about all of your actions. Keep up the good work!

3. You are right. I also plan to buy nothing this week except the food. It is helpful for us to reduce the impact of some plastic packages. And I also didn’t take the elevators to save the electric energy.