1

Day 4 Blog: Mary

Feeling good today fellow environmentalists.

I’ve felt a lot more mindful and aware of all my no impact actions today, plus I paid it forward by taking all the uneaten food I had in my room up to Dr. Aguilar’s office this evening. I had so. much. food. 3 tomato soups, 3 boxes of mac and cheese, 1 jar of salsa, 1 bottle of unopened ranch dressing, a box of pasta, a jar of pasta sauce, and a hell of a lot of clif bars. I remember at the beginning of the year when I thought I would be indulging on all this food, but come December and SO much of it has gone uneaten. I feel good that it’s going to a place where it will all be enjoyed.

The typical routine has continued though; no overhead lights on in my room, leaving my devices/chargers unplugged overnight, studying in communal spaces, and short showers. Only thing that happened today was that I had to carpool to my horseback riding lesson today.

I think I will definitely try to continue some of these habits after no impact week is through. This week, and Colin’s project in general, has definitely influenced me. It has made me so appreciative of anything I can do to help out the environment, to the point that I was raving to my friends about how much I love environmental studies when I was eating lunch at Huff today. I hope that by doing that I can inspire them in some way.

1 more day people!

kosin_m1

1. That is incredible that you got to put all your extra food towards a good cause! That action especially can cause similar reflection to Colin and the importance of giving back. It isn’t simply about making no impact, it is taking the next step to make the world a better place.