2

Enjoying the Practice Partner Role

The best thing about being a Practice Partner was spending time with each of my three children.  I got to watch them grow up to be really great people.  They were/are violinists and they reached that point where the love and appreciation of music became part of them.  It was a great journey filled with extreme high and low points and every point in between.

The purpose of this blog is to create a community of Practice Partners where we can share ideas, stories, questions, concerns, and enjoy the support of friends with a common goal:  to nurture by love.

So, let’s get started!

Wishing you loving practicing,

Maryfrances

As we work with our children, both good and bad behaviors, attitudes, and ideas are repeated and become internalized.  Shinichi Suzuki said, in his book, Ability Development from Age Zero, that “Parents should aim to develop good things in their children and think of what is necessary for their happiness.  Then, these necessities must be repeatedly be given to their children.”  We should always be reviewing and learning new ways to develop these good things.

What do you enjoy most about being your child(ren)’ s practice partner?  What good thing has been added to your family’s environment since you began Suzuki study?

1. I always wanted my children to have music in their lives and they always took music lessons. But I have found that only with Suzuki my daughter has developed a true love and passion for music and for her instrument. By practicing together I get to support her in her musical journey, and to see her glow every time she feels the joy of the music. Just before she started the Suzuki program I felt that she was losing interest in playing music. With our teacher, the fun Saturday group class and our practice together, my daughter is in a magical, lifelong musical journey.