Which is the most important factor in successful learning:
- The intention and desire to learn
- Paying close attention to the material as you study
- Learning in a way that matches your own learning style
- The time you spend studying
- What you think about while studying
The answer, according to cognitive psychologist Stephen Chew, may surprise you. Lendol Calder, an award-winning historian and SoTL pioneer, cautions his students that “it’s not the things we don’t know; it’s the things we know that just ain’t so.” Check out the answer to the above and the other extant knowledge we should we revisit in this short article by Pete Burkholder.