Introducing Raavi Asdar

Written by Raavi Asdar

Note: Raavi Asdar joined the Center for Global Programs in October 2021. He is our Center’s first Resident and we are thrilled to have him as part of our team!

Howdy yall! My name is Raavi and I am the new Resident in Global Programs in the Center for Global Programs (4th floor in Burton Morgan). I grew up in Austin, Texas (hook ‘em). When I was 17 I got a scholarship to finish high school at a boarding school in rural Norway. The school, nestled between a fjord and a mountain, had around 200 students from over a hundred different countries. Living there not only pushed me to learn more about the world, but also forced me to challenge many of my social and cultural assumptions.

UWCRCN Fjord at Sunset: Photos courtesy of Raavi 

Academic Buildings UWCRCN: Photos courtesy of Raavi  

After high school I attended Oberlin College where I graduated in 2021 with a degree in History. At Oberlin I was involved in a lot of different parts of campus life from student advocacy around mental health, to religious life, to cooperative housing and dining. I also got the chance to study abroad in Edinburgh in the Spring of 2020 (or at least half of the Spring). Outside of school I am also really into cooking, baking, breadmaking, pottery ,woodworking, brewing, biking and tree tapping!

Streets of Edinburgh, Photo courtesy of Raavi

Coming to Denison I am really excited to be working in the Center for Global Programs! In my time here I hope to learn how to be a resource on campus for international students and work towards increasing access and equity in our abroad programs. Please stop by the office any time to say hi and chat!

Really looking forward to getting to know yall!

Raavi at Oberlin: Photo courtesy of Raavi